In Fall 2011, a group of the nation’s most renowned thriller writers will travel to the Middle East on a week-long USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour to visit troops. The tour, OPERATION THRILLER, will fly to the Middle East, where they will sign autographs, pose for photos with the troops and talk about their books, movies, television series and writing.
This trip marks the tour’s second installment, the first one kicked off in November 2010 and was comprised of Steve Berry, David Morrell, Doug Preston, James Rollins and Andy Harp. That tour visited five bases in eight days and lifted the spirits of many thousands of service men and women stationed in Kuwait and Iraq. Each author is a member of the International Thriller Writers, the nation’s first and only professional organization devoted solely to thriller authors.
The line-up includes:
- Clive Cussler (Raise The Titanic, Sahara, Deep Six, among many, many others)
- Sandra Brown (French Silk, Smoke Screen, Smash Cut, Ricochet, The Crush and Unspeakable, among others)
- Kathy Reichs (The Temperance Brennan Series that became the basis for the popular Fox television series, “Bones,” Déjà Dead, Death du Jour, Fatal Voyage, Grave Secrets, and Monday Mourning, among others)
- Mark Bowden (Black Hawk Down, Killing Pablo, Guests of the Ayatollah, and most recently Worm, among others)
- Andrew Peterson (First to Kill, recently optioned for a major motion picture, and Forced to Kill)